NHCA Kids’ & Youth Outdoor Soccer 2017
For the 2017 Outdoor season, the NHCA is proud to be working with SoccerTech to provide a better program for child (U4-U12) and youth (U14-U18) players in the Northern Hills.
SoccerTech (a non-profit business) still delivers the same grassroots, fun, community soccer that the NHCA has provided in years past, but with skill development and community values as a core principle.
Northern Hills Community Soccer still provides a fun and safe environment for children and youth, ages 3-17, to enjoy the beautiful game of soccer. The emphasis is on participation, learning and acquiring both soccer and life skills, including a lifelong love of the game. We encourage involvement in your child’s development and getting involved in your community, through parental volunteering. Providing great value, with fields conveniently located within the Northern Hills communities (or close by, for youth teams), we have a program that is perfect for your child.
Youth players play in the northwest, through ICHL (inter community house league). Please visit the new NHCA Soccer site for more information.
Registration Opens FEBRUARY 1st
Please visit the NHCA Soccer site for information about the program, maps of fields and schedules, and for the new registration information and link (you will not be able to register until February 1st). Please take time to read through the new program information.
We believe that every child should have access to soccer in our community. There are a couple of programs to help those in financial hardship:
- KidSport (please print & complete this pre-filled KidSport Calgary form at home, then bring it with you when you come to register in-person)
The NHCA has a new membership and registration system:
- If you have not already done so, you will need to set up a user profile and add your children and other family members, before you register your children for soccer. A handy guide is available to download, should you need help.
The partnership with SoccerTech brings more benefits to youth players:
- Professional tech instruction and support for volunteer coaches: No matter your skill level, you can feel confident that you will be able to coach your youth’s team better after instruction from SoccerTech’s experienced, certified and licensed coaches.
- Peer mentoring: SoccerTech believe in peer influence through junior coaching. Highly-trained, skilled and educated young players assist in their program as junior coaches and develop a core relationship with young players. This positive peer pressure has created success wherever their program has been implemented.
- Development potential: Over time, soccer players will develop and advance within our system and will need additional placements and training. As such, SoccerTech has strong working relationships within the competitive stream of soccer in Calgary and Alberta and will be supportive to further the development of players within the structure of the sport, should they wish to participate in something more challenging than a non-competitive, inter-community house league.
- Access to year-round soccer: Through SoccerTech, the NHCA is able to offer access to an indoor program, soccer camps and more. If your kids are soccer crazy, there’s no more waiting until next year – they can participate all year round!
For SOCCER PROGRAM questions, please contact Jens at SoccerTech. He can be reached by email at: email@example.com or by phone on: 403-863-3001.
For REGISTRATION questions and help, please contact the NHCA Office.
The quality and affordability of NHCA Soccer programs are only possible due to the generosity of our sponsors:
Panatella Dental are long-standing, proud sponsors of our U4, U5, U6 & U8 divisions of NHCA Kids’ Outdoor Soccer.
Northern Hills Dental are long-standing, proud sponsors of our U10 division of NHCA Kids’ Outdoor Soccer.
We are proud to announce Jiffy Lube – The District, proud, new sponsors of our U12 division of NHCA Kids’ Outdoor Soccer.
Little Caesars Panorama provides a thank you pizza to each of our volunteer coaches. Thanks Little Caesars!
Highwood Outdoor Pool have for many years provided a free swim voucher for every NHCA kid’s soccer player, so they can keep active and have fun even after soccer has finished. Many thanks Highwood!
If you own a business in the Northern Hills and would like to become a sponsor of one of our programs, events or sports divisions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please visit our kids’ soccer frequently asked questions (FAQ) pages.
NHCA Soccer Terms & Conditions
- ABUSE OF ANY SORT IS UNACCEPTABLE AND WILL RESULT IN THE NHCA REFUSING ENTRY INTO THE SOCCER PROGRAM OR TO ALLOW CONTINUED PARTICIPATION IN THE SOCCER PROGRAM.
- Children must play in the Age Group assigned to their year of birth. By parental request, a child can be moved up to an older age group, but NOT down.
- Parent(s), or a designated caregiver; is required to be at the soccer field while a child is participating in soccer.
- The NHCA and its volunteers will make every effort to place children on teams with one friend, but when registering it must be reciprocal by both parties.
- The NHCA cannot accommodate play field requests.
- The NHCA soccer registration software calculates eligibility by YEAR OF BIRTH. If your child turns 13 in this calendar year, they are considered ineligible to play U12 soccer and must register for the U14 (Youth) soccer division.
- Slide tackling is NOT allowed in the NHCA soccer league.
Cancellation & Refunds
(1) In the event a program is cancelled by the NHCA, you will be notified in advance and all fees paid for the sports program will be reimbursed. Memberships will not be refunded.
(2) Late registrations (March 1 to March 24, 2017) will only be accepted if there is room on a team roster, and will be subject to a $20 Late Fee.
(3) Refunds due to cancellation by the registrant will be given prior to February 28th, 2017 subject to a $25 administration fee per player.
(4) Refunds due to cancellation by the registrant will be given from March 1 until March 24th, 2017 subject to a $50 administration fee per player.
(5) REFUNDS will not be given after March 24th, 2017, if a registrant cancels.
(6) NHCA Membership and Late Registration Fees are not refunded.
See our Purchase and Refund Policies page for further information.