UPDATED: March 27th, 2017
- Equipment Helpers, Apr 4 & 5
- Community Clean Up Volunteers, May 25 (more info to follow soon)
Please see our Sports Volunteering page for more information about the above opportunities, and more.
1. Events Committee
We’re looking for residents who can help us organize, manage or help out at the events that the NHCA runs and participates in during the year. We need people willing to take part in one (or all, if you love events!) of the different stages and events we hold:
- Organizers – have a great idea for a fundraiser? Think you could improve one of our community events? We need your ideas!
- Planners – love to delve into the details behind the scenes and make sure everything is ready to roll on the day? We need your expertise!
- Do-ers – don’t like to plan, but are happy to follow a task list or be the face of the event on the day? We need your enthusiasm and can do attitude!
If any of these sound like you, we would love to hear from you! Contact: email@example.com
2. Community Clean Up
Save the date: May 27th, 2017 is the annual Community Clean Up with our partners, Northstar RA. Bring your whole family and help to beautify our neighbourhoods! More info on our Clean Up event page.
3. Are you interested in mapping the future of the NHCA by joining the NHCA Board?
Our board has transitioned from operational to strategic and it is an exciting time to be at the helm of the NHCA! If you would like to become a community leader by helping your community association to strategize how it will grow and develop to meet the future needs of its residents, please contact us!
We are also looking for our next President!
4. We also have many volunteer committees that could always use help:
Community Enhancement – From rinks and community gardens to planting flowers in neighbourhood gates and beautifying neglected areas, the Community Enhancement volunteer sub-committees do it all:
- Community Beautification – We are expanding our efforts to beautify neglected areas in our communities and are looking for committee members. Activities of the group may include organizing fence painting, gardening, community clean ups, looking for solutions to repair/remove damaged entry features, etc. Have a desire to see improvements in our community aesthetics? Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call the NHCA office.
- Community Gates – Do you enjoy seeing nicely planted flowers and plants at the entrances to our communities? Did you know this is done by community volunteers in Country Hills, Coventry Hills and Harvest Hills? Want to help to make your neighbourhood entryway look beautiful this summer? Please email: email@example.com or call the NHCA office.
- Litter Clean Up – Have some ideas on how to clean up and prevent littering in our neighbourhoods? We are seeking individuals who are as annoyed as we are about the amount of loose litter lingering in our alleys, on our boulevards and in our green spaces. Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call the NHCA office if you’ve had enough!
- Community Gardens – Our existing gardens in Harvest Hills and Coventry Hills have been a great success. If you would like to help out at these gardens by doing a little carpentry work, mowing, weeding, watering or planting flowers etc. this would be a great way to get out and enjoy the sunshine! Are you a resident of Panorama or Country Hills and would like to have a garden in your neighborhood? This could be the committee for you. Contact email@example.com
- Rinks – Our rinks in Harvest Hills and Panorama provide many hours of skating pleasure for residents each winter and could use the help with clearing and flooding in winter as well as mowing the site during the summer months. Please email or call the NHCA office if you can help!
Events – Our association hosts many events, large and small, throughout the year and we are looking for individuals to start up this committee to help organize and carry out the tasks necessary for success. Love to socialize and enjoy the feeling of a job well done? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Membership Services – Opportunities to meet your neighbours when helping out at events around the community, and to participate in planning a membership drive. If you are interested in helping out, please email: email@example.com or call the NHCA office.
At Home In The Hills – An initiative to assist new Canadians, Calgarians and/or residents to the Northern Hills. We are working on providing activities and information to assist with the transition into our area. If you are a resident of the Northern Hills Communities, familiar with the area and perhaps speak another language, this could be a wonderful opportunity to meet and greet or help with the AHIH buddy program! Contact Allan at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sponsorship – Have an interest in marketing and a no fear attitude when communicating with businesses in the area? Our association would appreciate your help in contacting local business owners to discuss sponsorship opportunities and how they can support their community. Interested? Contact the NHCA office and ask to be put in touch with the Business Development (Marketing) Director.
Senior’s Group – SPRY in the Hills, a group of older adults who host regular get together twice a week, with a customised Fit2Age seniors’ fitness program, occasional lunches, presentations and workshops, and field trips are looking for your participation and your ideas. Email: email@example.com or turn up at one of their scheduled social times and ask to speak to J-L or one of the committee members.
Youth – Calling on future community leaders to get together and bring their ideas on how to engage their peers in community building activities. A great way to meet youth with common interests and fulfill those volunteer hour requirements! Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call the NHCA office.
Traffic – If you and your neighbors have traffic related issues; parking, speeding, upgrading controls at intersections and you’re willing to work together to find solutions, contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about any other volunteer opportunities, please contact the NHCA office at 403-226-6462 or email@example.com
For information on sports volunteering, please visit our Sports Volunteering page.
Interested in an article on volunteering and how it can enhance your community? Find it in the Northern Edge News, available for download.