The Northern Hills Community Association (NHCA) Board is currently looking for a President (Volunteer).
The NHCA was established in 1994 and it includes the communities of Country Hills, Country Hills Village, Coventry Hills, Harvest Hills and Panorama Hills. Representing approximately 67,000 people, the NHCA is a non-profit organization that strives to promote the recreational, cultural and social activities of its residents.
The President is a volunteer position, and as the Association’s Chief Executive Officer is the primary spokesperson of the Association. S/he fulfils a coordinating, motivating and mediating role with the Association’s Board of Directors, Committees and Executive Director to deliver on the Association’s mission & vision.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- President is expected to be fully informed on Northern Hills Community Association matters and participate in discussions and decisions with a leadership role in matters of policy, finance, programs, personnel and advocacy.
- Keeps appraised of the concerns of people living in the community. In doing so, the President acts as the Association’s “ear to the community “.
- Prepare a President’s Message for each edition of Northern Edge News
- Promotes the organization’s purpose in the community and to the media and acts as spokesperson for the Association.
- Represents the Association at public functions and before public bodies, including funders.
- Plays a leading role in supporting fundraising activities.
- Coordinate the planning of the Board’s activities for the year ahead and plans for the Association’s future.
- Ensures that Board members have the information they need to make informed decisions.
- Ensures the board members are oriented, trained, evaluated and recognized for their contributions.
- Ensures the committee chairpersons are oriented, trained, evaluated and recognized for their contributions.
Important Qualifications or Skills:
- Experience and skills in the areas of Board governance: administration, finance, area planning, programs and services and communications.
- Some public speaking; at least to the degree of being comfortable chairing board meetings and/or conducting business
- Soft skills required for a supervisory/management role; e.g. leadership ability, people skills, good communication, organized
- Dedication to NHCA vision & mission
- Must be a resident of Northern Hills (Country Hills, Country Hills Village, Coventry Hills, Harvest Hills and Panorama Hills)
Time Commitment per Month (estimated average): President is a 2-year commitment with an average of 20-25 hrs/month required.
If you are interested in a volunteer position that will allow you to gain governance experience, please email a resume to Jessie Leighton, NHCA Secretary, care of: email@example.com