NHCA Purchase and Refund Policies
- The main purchase and refund policies are listed below in the top section; individual program / event / product policies are listed below that, alphabetically by type or on the program / event / product pages.
- Please ensure you check the terms and conditions waivers and web page for the individual program / event you are registered for, as policies vary between programs / events.
- All administration and other fees are exclusive of tax, unless otherwise specified.
- No extra fees are charged for online registrations or purchases; we encourage use of our online system!
1. NHCA Memberships
- Membership purchase is complete with full payment only.
- No refunds, unless duplicates are purchased in error. If this has happened, please contact our office to resolve your issue.
- Memberships purchased prior to July 1st, 2016, are valid until December 31st, 2016.
- Memberships purchased from July 1st, 2016, onwards will be valid for one calendar year from the date of purchase.
- Memberships are not pro-rated, nor discounted.
- Membership type can be upgraded during the term, but not downgraded until renewal.
Please ensure you already have the correct, valid membership type and duration to access the program / event / product you wish to register for / purchase. Please see the program / event / product page for details. For example, you will need a Family, Associate, or Business / Business Plus membership to enroll your children in soccer, or a Business / Business Plus membership to qualify for Business Fair registration discounts. Memberships can be checked or purchased via the Membership page on this site.
NHCA membership comes with many benefits, not least of which is our Member Discount Program, which is valid as soon as you receive your confirmation of membership purchase.
- Membership cards can now be printed by members at home! No more waiting for a card or stickers to arrive! Please visit your profile page within our membership and registration system to view your membership card (and expiry date), which can be printed, or shown via a smartphone at participating Member Discount business partners.
- Please ensure you ask before purchase to ensure the business is still offering the discount. For the latest list of Member Discount Partners, please visit our NHCA Member Discounts page.
- If the business you visit doesn’t honour the discount, please contact us to let us know and we will resolve the issue as soon as possible.
2. NHCA Programs, Events & Products
The general purchase and refund policies for programs, events and products are shown here, but please check below and visit the individual program / event / product page for any additional, specific refund policies, terms & conditions.
- Registration / purchase is complete with full payment only. No holds / deposits, unless otherwise specified.
- NHCA Membership is required to participate in all NHCA programs. Some programs require a specific type of membership: please carefully check the individual program information for details.
- NHCA Memberships are not required for events, unless otherwise specified.
- NHCA Memberships may or may not be required for products: please check the individual product information for details.
- Membership may entitle you to a discount on events and/or products – please check the individual listing for details.
- Refunds will be given for all programs and events, within the refund period specified for that individual program, event or product. Once the refund period has expired, no refunds will be given. Please carefully check the individual program, event or product information for details.
- As of August 1st, 2016, refunds processed within the individual program or event refund period (see above), will have a minimum $5.00 administration fee* deducted, to cover the costs to the NHCA for processing refunds. This administration fee will be waived in the case of critical illness / injury which prevents the registrant from participating in the registered program or event, where proof is provided (e.g. doctor’s note). Please contact us for more information.
* Please note: some programs (for example, the children’s soccer program) may have an administration fee above $5.00, to cover additional costs associated with registration and refunds. Please ensure you read the individual refund policy and terms & conditions waiver for the program carefully before purchase.
- Refunds for registrations or purchases made online will be refunded back to the card which was used to make the purchase. In the case of a refund not going through, due to an expired or canceled card, a credit will be applied to your account; please contact us to arrange for a refund if you don’t wish to use this towards future purchases / registrations.
- Refunds for registrations or purchases made in person will be refunded back to the card which was used to make the purchase, or by cheque (see below). In the case of a refund not going through, due to an expired or canceled card, please contact us to arrange for a refund.
- Payment made by credit card = refund to that credit card (in person or by phone)
- Payment made by debit card = refund to that debit card (in person transactions only), or by cheque
- Payment made by cheque = refund by cheque
- Payment made by cash = refund by cheque
For clarification or explanation of any of the above, please contact us and we will be happy to assist you.
Additional Purchase and Refund Policies for NHCA Programs
For additional, program-specific purchase and refund information, please visit the individual program registration pages, listed alphabetically, by clicking on the links.
If you are on a low income and are a City of Calgary Fair Entry card holder, you may qualify for a discount on many of our program or event fees. Please register in person or contact the NHCA before registration / purchase for more information.
Soccer (Adult Outdoor)
Soccer (Adult Indoor)
Soccer (Children’s Summer Soccer Camps)
Additional Purchase and Refund Policies for NHCA Events / Products
For additional, event or product specific purchase and refund information, please visit the individual event or product pages, listed alphabetically below, by clicking on the links.
If you are on a low income and are a City of Calgary Fair Entry card holder, you may qualify for a discount on our event fees. Please register in person or contact the NHCA before registration / purchase for more information.
10th Annual Business Fair: Saturday, November 19th, 2016 at Vivo (Event)
General Terms & Conditions, and Registration Requirements:
- Open to Businesses & Services located within and around the Northern Hills Communities.
- An NHCA Membership is not required to participate, but discounts apply for Business & Business Plus Members.
- Deadline to register is shown on the event page (when published). The NHCA reserves the right to close registration as soon as the table limit has been reached, or extend the deadline.
- Tables are available a first come, first served basis.
- Tables and Chairs will be provided. Tables are rectangular and 6 feet in length.
- Power-access tables are available for an additional $10.00 per table.
- Product sales are permitted. Only products legal for sale in Alberta will be permitted.
- Clothing racks and product displays are permitted (within your designated space).
- No Soliciting, please.
- Please note: If your business is Chiropractic, Physiotherapy, Massage Therapy, Fitness and/or Preschools, we are unable to register your business at this event. For information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline to register is Thursday, November 10th at 12:00 Noon
- Special pricing promotion for Business and Business Plus Members: Purchase or Renew a Business Membership and receive $20 Off the cost of the table (valid for one table only); Purchase or Renew a Business Plus Membership and your table is FREE! (valid for one table only).
- Please arrive to set up at 8:00 am. Businesses MUST be set up by 8:30 am or we reserve the right to refuse entry (no refund will be given).
Payment and Refund Policies
In addition to those listed in the main section, the following also apply:
- Refunds will be given, minus a $5.00 administration fee, until 14 days before the event.
- Between 7-14 days before the event, refunds will be given at the NHCA’s discretion, minus $25.00, which includes the administration fee, plus the cost to the NHCA for pre-booked rental items.
- No refunds will be given for cancellations within 7 days of the event.
- This refund policy applies regardless of registration date.
Northern Edge News Advertising (Product)
General Terms & Conditions
- Ads must be provided press-ready: sized to the correct size, at 300 dpi minimum, and in .pdf or .jpg format. For ad sizes, please contact the Ad Sales Representative via email@example.com or the NHCA office.
- For detailed graphic design requirements and help, please also contact the Ad Sales Representative. The NHCA does not design or edit ads, and any requests for edits or ad creation will be chargeable. Payment should be arranged with, and made directly to, the graphic designer.
- Upload deadline: ads must be provided by the 9th of the month prior to the month of issue of the publication (e.g. 9th September for the October issue).
- All ads will be published in colour, unless requested otherwise.
- If you have an issue which needs to be resolved, please contact the Ad Sales Representative in writing via firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss any issues you may have as soon as possible, no less than 7 days before the upload deadline.
- Discounts will be given for non-profit or registered charitable organisations, and for multiple issue contracts (3+ issues). Discounts may be given, at the discretion of the NHCA, for advertisers who also sponsor NHCA programs or events. For ad pricing, program/event sponsorship, and criteria for meeting discounts, please contact the Ad Sales Representative via email@example.com or the NHCA office.
Payment and Refund Policies
If you have an issue which needs to be resolved, please contact the Ad Sales Representative in writing via firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance to discuss any issues you may have as soon as possible. You may also contact the Executive Director at: email@example.com or via the NHCA office.
- For month-by-month advertising, payment must be received in full before your ad will be uploaded for publication.
- For longer term contracts, payment must be arranged at the time of contract agreement. Please contact the Ad Sales Representative via firstname.lastname@example.org or the NHCA office to discuss terms.
- No refunds will be given for advertising which has already been published.
- In the case of contract cancellation:
- Where the number of ads to the date of cancellation does not meet the number required to qualify the advertiser for the discount level outlined in the contract, the next lowest discount (or no discount if lower than 3 ads) will be applied, and a final invoice will be issued.
- Any amounts outstanding to the NHCA will be required to be paid in full within 30 days of the date on the final invoice.
- Any amounts outstanding to the advertiser will be paid by the NHCA within 30 days of the date on the final invoice.
- Invoices outstanding for more than 90 days will be charged at 7.5% interest per month, backdated to the date of invoice, and referred to a collection agency.