The Northern Hills Community Association will once again be teaming up with the Northstar Residents Association (Panorama e-centre) to offer a COMMUNITY CLEAN-UP DAY for everyone in the Northern Hills communities.
Saturday, June 11th @ 9am – 2pm
Panorama e-Centre (88 Panamount Hill NW)
- The City of Calgary Animal & Bylaw Services and Waste & Recycling Department will be providing refuse collection trucks.
- The City of Calgary Waste & Recycling will also be providing an organics collection truck for brush, grass clippings, leaves, branches, clean fill (no rocks), tree trimmings, and other general yard waste that can compost.
- eCycle Solutions, an electronics recycling company.
- The Women in Need Society (WINS) will be accepting clothing, toys, small household items, and mobility equipment donations.
- A volunteer resident, from a local confidential document shredding and secure storage company, is also donating their time to provide FREE document shredding to residents.
This is a great opportunity for you to spring clean your yard, house, garage and surroundings and a good time to donate or responsibly recycle items. Please check the lists below for what you can and can’t bring to the e-centre on Community Clean Up Day.
Do you want to volunteer? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details. Our community clean up volunteers are made up of residents just like you, plus some great, community-minded people from local churches and businesses. Or just turn up on the day!
Helping with cleaning up an area in your community? Clean-up supplies can be picked up at the Panorama e-Centre on the day.
Refreshments: Thanks to Good Earth Coventry and Centre Street Church for providing refreshments and lunch for volunteers on the day!
For those dropping off items that day please note that the following items WILL NOT be accepted by the City of Calgary:
- HOUSEHOLD CHEMICALS
- CAR BATTERIES
- HOME APPLIANCES
- PROPANE TANKS
SOME of the above items can be dropped off at your local household hazardous waste drop-off point. For residents in the Northern Hills, there is a hazardous waste shed located in the car park of the Country Hills Fire Station #31 (11955 Country Village Link NE). Please check the City of Calgary’s “Materials accepted at household hazardous waste drop-off locations” and “Safe handling of household hazardous waste” web pages for up to date information about what they will accept at these locations and how you need to package these items for disposal.
PLEASE NOTE: City of Calgary Waste & Recycling WILL now accept large furniture. If you have large furniture that cannot be donated you CAN bring it to the Panorama e-Centre for disposal on community clean up day.
The following ELECTRONICS WILL BE ACCEPTED by eCycle Solutions:
- Personal Computers
- Personal Computer Components
- PC Computer Peripherals (mice, keyboards, cables, speakers)
- Computer Monitors (LCD)
- TV’s – Wood Console
- TV’s (CRT) & Flat Screens
- Rear Projection TV’s
- Laptop Computers
- Notebook Computers
- Desktop Printers
- Printer Combination Units
- Fax Combination Machines
- Computer Monitors (CRT)
- Cell Phones
PLEASE NOTE: If it is not on this list then it WILL NOT be accepted by eCycle.